Golly Farm is situated in rural countryside – 8 miles from Wrexham and 10 miles from Chester, within easy access of Llangollen, Snowdonia, Anglesey, Lleyn Peninsula and Wirral Peninsula, with good motorway connections to Liverpool, Manchester, the Derbyshire Peak District and the Lake District.
Local shopping is available in the village of Rossett which is 2 miles away by car, where there are a variety of shops, chemist, off-licence, regular bus service to Chester and Wrexham and plenty of pubs and restaurants.
This area of North Wales offers a wide variety of places of interest and beauty –
- The beautiful scenery of the Vale of Llangollen, Clwydian Hills, Ceiriog Valley and the Snowdonia National Park;
- Chester provides a wealth of history and some of the best shopping in Britain incorporating the unique Rows;
- Plenty of options for walking and cycling;
- The area is rich with castles, National Trust properties, historic houses, churches and the interesting market towns of Wrexham, Llangollen, Shrewsbury, Nantwich, Oswestry, Mold and Ruthin;
- Chester Summer Music Festival;
- International Eisteddfod, Llangollen;
- Point to Point racing at Bangor on Dee, Alpraham (near Tarporley), and Eaton Hall, Chester;
- The Grand National at Aintree;
- Flat racing at Chester and Haydock Park.